Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My hovercraft is full of eels

This will be my final exam for learning the Finnish language:

Ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita (mp3)

When I can say this, and get strange looks, I'll know I've got the pronunciation down.
Of course, there are other (more useful) phrases to be learned.

I have no intention of actually "learning" Finnish, which is basically impossible. Finnish typology seems just as complex. But luckily Finnish is a very phonetic language so I'm going to work on my pronunciation. At least if I'm too drunk to find my way home (and riding my bike of course) I'll be able to say the name of the street I live on, Kauppaporvarintie.

1 comment:

austim said...

Ah, thank you Markus. That is both easier to pronounce and more useful since I cross a lot of bridges in Oulu.