Friday, October 31, 2008

Snow!

Normally I wouldn't get so excited about a little snow, especially at such a high latitude. But after a month of temperatures between 1 and 10 degrees Celcius and lots of rain you get kind of sick of it and just wish it would be -10 all the time. Well finally today we are getting a fine dump!

And the most exciting part is getting to ride in the snow the first time. There wasn't a lot of ice on the roads so the white stuff held pretty well. I did only crash once as I was pulling of the road to take a snapshot. Right when I pulled the trigger another cyclist crashed. You can see his legs coming off the bike to prepare himself.


The strange part is that all the snow sticks to the chain, hardlebars, hub, and casette. Since I hate having rusty components I can see trying to keep a bike running in the winter will be a nightly chore. But riding in the foul weather so far has been quite fun and is much safter than a car : )

Of course the kids are thrilled and are having to be dragged in for supper. They were making snow angels in the middle of the driveway when I got home.

1 comment:

Trkie said...

ROTFL...seeing the guy you photographed getting ready to wipe out.

BTW, I triple-dog-dare you to stick your tongue on a metal pole.
:-)

When you get the chance, please post some more pics of your time over there. Preferably like the one you posted today...ah man, I'm still laughing.